Duplex 2205 (UNS S31803)
Duplex 2205, or Avesta Sheffield 2205 is a ferritic-austenitic stainless steel. The high amounts of molybdenum and chromium content in 2205 offer strength, improved pitting and consistent stress corrosion cracking resistance. 2205 integrates the best features of austenitic and ferritic steels (as well as nearly equal amounts of austenite and ferrite) and can be welded with common stainless steel welding techniques – its uniform composition minimizes localized corrosion.
Availability - Duplex 2205
Seamless Pipe 1/2" - 8"
Welded Pipe 1/2" - 12"
Butt-Weld Fittings 1/2" - 12"
Flanges 1/2" - 8"
Specifications - Duplex 2205
A790, A815, A182
SA790, SA815, SA182
Chemical Composition - Duplex 2205
|.03%||22%-23%||BAL||2.0%||3.0% -3.5%||.14% - .2%||4.5%-6.5%||.03%||.02%||1%|
Design Features - Duplex 2205
- High Strength
- Exceptional uniform corrosion resistance
- Better heat conductivity and lower thermal expansion than austenitic steels
- Resistance to stress corrosion cracking
- Resistance to erosion
- Resistance to corrosion fatigue
- Resistance to pitting
- Resistance to crevace corrosion
- Resistance to sulfide stress corrosion cracking
Typical Applications - Duplex 2205
- Heat exchangers, tubes and pipe for production and handling of gas and oil
- Heat exchangers and pipes in desalination plants
- Pressure vessels, pipes, tanks and heat exchangers for processing and transport of various chemicals
- Pressure vessels, tanks and pipes in process industries handling chlorides
- Rotors, fans, shafts and press rolls where the high corrosion fatigue strength can be utilized
- Cargo tanks, piping and welding consumables for chemical tankers
Tensile Requirements - Duplex 2205
Tensile Strength (KSI): 65
Yield Strength (KSI): 90
KSI can be converted to MPA (Megapascals) by multiplying by 6.895.