Inconel - Alloy 600 (UNS N06600)
Alloy 600 is a nickel chromium iron alloy used for applications which require resistance to corrosion and heat. The alloy also has excellent mechanical properties and presents the desirable combination of high strength and good workability under a wide range of temperatures.
Availability - Alloy 600
Seamless Pipe 1/2" - 8"
Butt-Weld Fittings 1/2" - 8"
Flanges 1/2" - 8"
Specifications - Alloy 600
B163, B167, B366, B166
SB163, SB167, SB366, SB166
Chemical Composition - Alloy 600
|0.15%||14%-17%||0.5%||6% - 10%||1.0%||72%||0.015%||0.5%|
Design Features - Alloy 600
- High nickel content offers excellent resistance to corrosion by many organic and inorganic compounds.
- Virtually immune to chlorideon stress corrosion cracking.
- Chromium confers resistance to sulfur compounds and provides resistance to oxidizing conditions at high temperatures or in corrosive solutions.
- Alloy 600 is not precipitative hardenable, it is hardened and strengthened only by cold work.
- Good for a variety of applications invovling temperatures from cryogenic to above 2000°F.
Typical Applications - Alloy 600
- Steam generators
- Chemical processing
- Food processing
- Jet engines
- Electronic parts
Tensile Requirements - Alloy 600
Tensile Strength (KSI): 80
Yield Strength (KSI): 35
KSI can be converted to MPA (Megapascals) by multiplying by 6.895.