Monel - Alloy 400 (UNS N04400)
Alloy 400 is used for its excellent combination of corrosion resistance, strength, ductility and weldability. The corrosion resistance in seawater is especially good under high velocity conditions. Alloy 400 also is generally not susceptible to stress corrosion cracking
Availability - Alloy 400
Seamless Pipe 1/2" - 8"
Weld Pipe 8" - 12"
Butt-Weld Fittings 1/2" - 8"
Pressure Fittings 1/2" - 2"
Flanges 1/2" - 8"
150# Fittings 1/4" - 1"
Tubing 1/4", 3/8", 1/2"
Valves 1/2" - 8"
Specifications - Alloy 400
B131, B164, B366
SB131, SB164, SB366
Chemical Composition - Alloy 400
|0.15%||28% - 34%||1.25%||63.0%||0.02%||0.5%|
Design Features - Alloy 400
- Outstanding resistance to neutral and alkaline salt.
- One of few metallic materials which cab be used in contact with fluorine, hydrofluoric acid, hydrogen fluoride and their derivatives
- High resistance to caustic alkalis.
- Can be used in contact with dilute solutions of mineral acids such as sulfric and hydrochloric, particularly if they are non-aerated.
- Resistance to chloride induced stress corrosion cracking.
- Good mechanical properties from sub-zero temperatures up to 1020°F.
Typical Applications - Alloy 400
- Feed-water and steam generator tubing in power plants
- Brine heaters and evaporator bodies in salt plant
- Sulfuric and hydrofluoric acid alkylation plant
- Industrial heat exchangers
- Cladding for crude oil distillation columns
- Splash-zone sheathing in offshore structures
- Propeller and pump shafts for seawater service
- Plant for uranium refining and isotope separation in the production of nuclear fuel
- Pump and valves used in the manufacture of chlorinated hydrocarbons
- Monoethanolamine (MEA) reboiler tubes.
Tensile Requirements - Alloy 400
Tensile Strength (KSI): 81
Yield Strength (KSI): 36
KSI can be converted to MPA (Megapascals) by multiplying by 6.895.