Alloy 200 (UNS N02200)
Alloy 200 is an unalloyed wrought nickel. It offers excellent corrosion resistance, good mechanical, magnetic and magnetostrictive properties and useful thermal and electrical conductivities.
Availability - Alloy 200
Seamless Pipe 1/2" - 8"
Weld Pipe 8" - 12"
Butt-Weld Fittings 1/2" - 8"
Pressure Fittings 1/2" - 2"
Flanges 1/2" - 8"
Specifications - Alloy 200
B131, B164, B366
SB131, SB164, SB366
Chemical Composition - Alloy 200
Design Features - Alloy 200
- Excellent resistance to many corrosive media from acid to alkaline.
- Extremely high resistence to caustic alkalis including the molten state.
- Resistance to mineral acids varies according to temperature and conventration and whether or not the solution is aerated. Corrosion resistance is better n non-aerated acids.
- In acid, alkaline and neutral salt solutions, Alloy 200 shows good resistance, however, severe attack occurs in oxidizing salt solutions.
- Resistant to all dry gases at room temperature.
Typical Applications - Alloy 200
- Food production, such as the handling of cool brines, fatty acids, and fruit juices.
- Vessels in which fluorine is generated and reacted with hydrocarbons.
- Storing and transportation of phenol; immunity from any form of attack ensures absolute product purity.
- Manufacture and handling of sodium hydroxide, particularly at temperatures above 570°F.
- Production of viscose rayon and manufacture of soap; general corrosion resistance and virtual immunity to intergranular attack above 600°F.
- Production of hydrochloride and chlorination of hydrocarbons such as benzene, methane and ethane.
Tensile Requirements - Alloy 200
Tensile Strength (KSI): 58
Yield Strength (KSI): 18
KSI can be converted to MPA (Megapascals) by multiplying by 6.895.