Stainless Steel 410
Type 410 is a martensitic stainless steel which is magnetic, resists corrosion in mild environents and has fairly good ductility. 410 pipe is used where abrasion and wear resistance is needed, combined with fair resistance to general corrosion and oxidation.
Availability - Stainless Steel 410
Seamless Pipe 1/2" - 8"
Specifications - Stainless Steel 410
A268, A815, A182
Chemical Composition - Stainless Steel 410
|0.15%||11.5% - 13.5%||1.0%||0.5%||0.04%||0.03%||0.75%|
Design Features - Stainless Steel 410
- Martensitic stainless steel with high mechanical properties.
- Ferromagnetic in the annealed or hardened condition.
- Contains minimum amount of chromium to impart stainless steel properties.
- Resists oxidation and scaling up to 1200°F.
- Resists abrasion and wear better than most 300 series stainless steels.
- Good sulphide stress corrosion cracking resistance.
- Hardness is one of Type 410's best features.
Typical Applications - Stainless Steel 410
- Pipelines transporting fluids mixed with solids like coal, sand or gravel.
Tensile Requirements - Stainless Steel 410
Tensile Strength (KSI): 60
Yield Strength (KSI): 30
KSI can be converted to MPA (Megapascals) by multiplying by 6.895.